This week I decided to try Kale Chips and they are Oh My Word delicious, addictive and the best snack. I know I am a pretty adventurous eater so maybe I am over-hyping but I recommend trying them for a healthy snack. They remind me of flash fried spinach. I know they have to be good because John LOVED them...almost ate the whole bag. Sawyer hasn't tried them yet, he has issues with the way they look since it still looks like grass...
- 1 bunch kale (I use curly kale)
- Olive Oil (extra virgin oil oil)
- sea salt
- lemon juice - I added this for my flavor preference but feel free to leave out or use Parmesan
DIRECTIONS1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Wash Kale completely
3. dry completely. I laid mine out on paper towels in stacks and let sit for an hour
5. In a freezer bag, I added a bunch of the dried, cleaned kale and poured in olive oil and lemon juice, toss until all leaves are completely covered. May have to do a few time to get the whole bunch
|Toss to cover all leaves|
7. Bake for 8-12 minutes, they cook fast so check often. Do not let them burn! As soon as they look rigid and crisp, take them out. I took mine out at 8 minutes and they were perfect.
|Crispy and reading to snack|