|Sawyer's favorite breakfast of cheerios, whole grain waffles, peanut butter and bananas|
We are very blessed to have a son who is the antithesis of a picky eater. He will eat anything, anytime. I know this may change but while it lasts I have the opportunity or should I say challenge of finding a variety of meals and snacks for him.
Our go-to snacks have to serve two purposes in our family.
2. Healthy yet filling
Here is our recomended list of 10 snacks for toddlers (Sawyer is almost 14 months) that fit both of those catergories.
1. String Cheese: Great source of protein & calcium and easy to pack.
We recommend: http://www.horizondairy.com/
2. Cheerios: Whole grain cereal's fiber is a great way to keep your toddler full while also giving them some much needed vitamins.
3. PB & J: Peanut butter give them fiber & protein and when paired with natural fruit jelly it is super yummy and healthy. Cut into little squares or fun shapes, put in tupperware and just throw it in your diaper bag.
We recommend: Smucker's Organic Peanut Butter and Welch's Natural Grape Jelly
4. Applesauce: Sawyer is hooked on it because of the sweetness but he doesn't even realize he is getting his vitamin C. The all-natural snack packs are great on the go.
We recommend: http://www.motts.com/products/6
5. Cottage Cheese: Another great source of calcium and protein, cottage cheese can also be paired with fruit for a sweet snack. We recommend:
6. Yogurt: Another great source of calcium but also taste yummy. You can even mix with some cereal or fruit. We recommend: http://daisybrand.com/products/low-fat-cottage-cheese.aspx
7. Eggs: While scrambled eggs might not be handy, making some hard boiled eggs and packing them you can give your child a large percentage of their daily protein needs.
8: Whole Grain Waffles: These are our favorite go-to breakfast item. The fiber keeps them full longer. We top with a little bit of all-natural peanut butter and cut in to strips for an easy to carry snack.
We recommend: http://www.vansfoods.com/our-products-waffles
9: Fruit Roll-ups/Leather: Find the all-natural type made with real fruit and you have a great snack with fiber. We recommend: http://stretchislandfruit.com/
10. Hummus: We just recently discovered hummus for Sawyer. John and I have always loved it but never thought to let him have it as well. Great on whole wheat crackers or carrots, he tends to just lick it right off. Hummus is a great source of Iron. We recommend: http://www.tribehummus.com/