Today, John and I celebrate 4 years of marriage. Instead of gushing on what an extraordinary husband and father my guy is (he totally is!), I want to go back and remember all the awesome, crazy, good times we have shared over these past four years as husband and wife. While we only have been married less than five years, we have already spent more than 14 together. Time flies when you get to spend it with your best friend. I look forward to many more years, especially this year with the arrival of our new little one.
4 Years of Marriage in Review
(with the help of my instagram account)
Year One (2011 - 2012)
- Got hitched
- Elton John concert
- Bought some bikes and explored Springfield
- Honeymoon (3 month later) to Cabo San Lucas
- Found out we were going to be parents!!!
- Float trip
- Chicago Trip for Cards vs. Cubs with the family and Trina
- Baby Hamra is a BOY, found out on John’s 29th birthday
- Mizzou’s 100th year Homecoming with the Johnson’s
- Nursery painting party with the Johnson’s (Wowzers, that was work!)
- New Year’s Eve celebration at Touch with all our besties!
Year Two (2012 - 2013)
- Amazing couples baby shower at Parlor 88 hosted by Trina, Megan, and Anna…followed by a fun night out party bus style for Tim’s 30th birthday!
- Met our new best friend, Sawyer Farris Hamra!
- Incubus concert (I forget now how many we have been to!)
- Lake party for my sister’s 18th birthday
- Sawyer got baptized
- 30th birthday trip to Las Vegas, followed by party back home with friends & family
- St. Louis trip with little man to visit the Champlin’s (zoo, grant’s farm)
- Helped organized the 1st Annual Lost & Found Game Day
- Another Mizzou homecoming trip, sans little man.
- Sawyer’s first Christmas and we made sure to take him to all sides of the family
- Frankly….the majority of this year was all about Little Man
- New Year’s Eve celebration with Megan & Tim at Galloway
Year Three (2013 - 2014)
- Anniversary weekend in Branson
- Sawyer’s first Mizzou basketball game with the Tarwater clan
- Our sweet Sawyer turned 1
- A lot of support and training hours as I trained and competed in my first Urban Challenge race. John and Sawyer were there every step of the way!
- St. Louis trip for Sawyer’s first Blues vs. Blackhawks game
- Lots more bike rides adding a bike seat for Sawyer
- We became and Aunt & Uncle with the birth of our nephew Kaiden
- Family Reunion and Father’s Day in Hot Springs
- Lake getaway with the family, Sawyer’s first train ride on the Branson Scenic Railway.
- Celebrated our bestie Trina’s birthday in St. Louis with a Cards game and a trip to the City Museum
- Let loose at the Cattle Baron’s Ball
- Sawyer’s first time on an airplane to Chicago for the Cubs game, Wrigley Tour, and Shed’s Aquarium.
- Glow Run fundraiser for Sawyer’s School. Also his first 5K.
- Sawyer’s first Mizzou Homecoming
- Welcomed Elliot Johnson, our bestie’s little girl.
- New Year’s Eve celebrating my Springfield Cares Nomination for Rising Star
Year Four (2014 - 2015)
- 3rd Anniversary weekend getaway to Copper Run distillery & Branson wineries.
- Sawyer’s 2nd birthday party at Dynamics Gymnastics
- Annual Tarwater/Hamra Mizzou game trip (sans kids this round)
- Kings of Leon concert in KC
- St. Louis zoo trip with Sawyer with an adult evening to the Arcade Fire concert (thanks to the grandparents)
- Rented our first home together to our tenants, bittersweet to say the least
- Purchased our first home together!
- Celebrated Megan’s 31st birthday in St. Louis with a Cardinals game
- Welcomed all our friends & family into our new home with a Housewarming party
- Erntefest fun in Freistatt with the Boyce’s and Terry’s
- Sawyer’s first St. Louis cardinals game (versus the cubs)
- First family (of 3) vacation to St. Pete, Florida
- Quickly after discovered we were now a family of 4!!!!
- Los, Angeles trip to see Justin Timberlake
- Hosted our first annual Friendsgiving and first ever family Thanksgiving at our new house
- Family-style New Year’s celebration at the Johnson’s
- Mizzou Basketball game for our annual Tarwater/Hamra Mizzou trip