Friday, January 2, 2015

Goodbye 2014, Hello 2015

I won’t bore you with my resolutions for the New Year because frankly I don’t have any and the only thing I truly want in 2015 is to deliver a healthy baby! However, I am going to share why I am a little sad to say goodbye to 2014, it was an exciting year for our family because…
-       New career move for both John and me (O’Reilly Internal Communications Manager for me, Wendy’s General Manager for John)
-       We turned my first purchased home into our first rental property, sad but exciting!
-       Bought our first family home together with room to grow
-       Traveled to a few new places I have always wanted to see (Boston, Los Angeles, San Antonio)
-       Sawyer graduated from Potty Training!
-       John’s mom Donnetta and step-dad Derrick celebrated their 10-year wedding anniversary and Derrick turned 50!
-       I received two honors that I am very proud of: Springfield Business Journals 40 under 40 and Springfield Cares Magazine Rising Star award for my nonprofit work.
-       My Bestie Megan turned 30 so we had a fun trip to St. Louis for the Cards game!
-       Went to three fun concerts – Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire and Justin Timberlake!
-       Sawyer’s First Cardinals Baseball game in St. Louis
-       First Family Vacation to the beach (St. Pete Florida)
-       We celebrated my grandfather Jim’s 80th birthday. Sadly, he passed away just one week later but I still feel so blessed we were all together to celebrate his wonderful life the week before and then together again on Christmas as a family. I miss him so much already!
-       Found out we are expecting a new addition

But that takes me to 2015…

2015 has many exciting things already on the horizon (Baby #2!!) and I can’t wait to see what is in store. John is still continuing his education, I will get to travel some more with work until baby comes, and Sawyer starts his hockey/ice skating lessons.
Other celebrations we are looking forward to…
-       John and I will celebrate 4 years of marriage the 22nd of January.
-       Our little guy turns 3 on February 17.
-       My Dad turns the big 6-0 in October (I know, he doesn’t look a day over 40!) plus, retirement seems to be in his near future…he is counting down the days
-       My sisters both will celebrate milestone birthdays too, Amie turns 35 this week and Rachel will turn 21 in June.
-       I’ll celebrate 6 years with O’Reilly in April and John will celebrate 8 years with Wendy’s in August.

We welcomed the New Year at Tim & Megan’s house with our friends and kiddos. I really like these new get togethers with all the kids running around. While we didn’t make it quite until midnight, we got together on New Years day with the Johnson's and Waddell’s for some Mizzou football and more kid time.



And the icing tradition continues...



Elliot practicing
Buddy Nicole reading to Sawyer
Kisses 

Games



1 comment:

  1. Sawyer looks so grown up around all those little ones :)

    ReplyDelete