Monday, March 7, 2011

Kitchen Experiments: Roasted Chickpeas

We started a new work out regimen three weeks ago so we are always experimenting with healthy, cheap and quick snacks to have around the house. I have heard of this recipe before and it was just waiting for me to put my own spin on it. This is probably the cheapest snack you can find, I would put money on it.

Roasted Chickpeas
ingredients:
1 15 oz. can chick peas (we got it for 47 cents, no lie)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Cavendar's Greek Seasoning
Zip lock freezer bag
Parmesan Cheese

Step 1: Preheat oven to 325. Pour all ingredients, except parmesan, into a ziplock freezer bag

Step 2: shake 'em like a salt shaker

Step 3: Pour onto baking sheet or casserole dish and back for 50 minutes or until crispy

Step 4: remove from over and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese (best when hot so it sticks)



I took a small bag to work for a snack today and they tasted great at room temp. I plan to bake up a batch of these each sunday for us, great way to get protein & fiber...per serving these bad boys have about 4.2 grams of fiber and 4.8 grams of protein

No comments:

Post a Comment