Monday, June 13, 2011

Race for a Cure + Engel Party

After the golf tournament, I headed to St. Louis for the St. Louis Race for a Cure with my parents and sister Rachel. John & Amie had to work so he stayed back, we missed them dearly! The race was amazing with 65,000 people in attendance. We walked in memory of my grandma Marilyn who passed away in October from cancer and also in honor of our friend Melanie who is now in remission from Breast Cancer. After the walk we celebrated at my aunt & uncle's house, Trina made the drive up also (thanks friend!)

My dad, Rachel, Mom, me, Meghan, Jules and Scott before the start of Race for a Cure, we were on the Blues Team
The massive crowd of people as you can see in the distance.

My sister Rachel, Dad, Mom and me at the finish line


After the walk we had to stop by our fav STL eatery Crusoe's



Jule's Ice toast "To Pain Pills, Surgeries and Car Accidents" after the traumatic week they just had.


Jules made Trina her famous Blueberry Martini

A little Just Dance action before the guests arrive

Trina, Me and Meghan
 
The Engel girls plus Trina minus Amie :(



Erin looking Gaga-esque with the Parrot towel holder

The Disco gloves came out

William taught us "John Wall" , "Cat Daddy" and the "The Jerk" dances

Sunday we stopped by the cemetery to leave flowers for Grandma
Dad picked out Purple & Pink Lilly's, her favorite color

We got a small taste of the crazy cicada outbreak, my dad had a hitch hiker!
On the way back to home we did a White Castle & Jack in the Box run for John, he was uber exited!

j+k

No comments:

Post a Comment