Thursday, November 22, 2012

I'm thankful for YOU


Happy Thanksgiving. Since it is Sawyer's first Thanksgiving, it put a lot into perspective for me. First, how thankful I am for a compassionate and loving God! Second, that above the "things" I have, I am thankful for the special people (and pets) that are in my life. I couldn’t do the things I have done or have the things I have without them. So to celebrate this day of thanks, I would like to do a shout out to those people who mean so much to me. Quite frankly the "things" we have don't mean anything with out family & friends around to help you enjoy them. If you are reading this you are most likely one of them! xoxo

I am thankful for……
My Parents: For giving me the best life I could have askedfor and teaching me about God, love and compassion and for always supportingme.

My Sisters: For the memories and laughter. We are sodifferent but compliment each other nicely and we always have a great time whenwe are together. Love you girls!

My Husband: For being my best friend, soul mate, the bestfather to our son and the person who always makes me laugh so hard I cry (orsnort). 13 years together and you still give me butterflies.

My Son: For teaching me what uncontrollable love is. Yougive me a reason to smile everyday and be silly everyday. You have my wholeheart and have turned me into a crying mess on multiple occasions.

My Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles & Cousins: For making melove family and enjoy holidays & get-togethers. We are so lucky to enjoyeach other’s company, I look forward to our game nights!

My In-laws (Mother, Father, Step-father, Grandparents, Sister, Brother,Aunts, Uncles and Cousins: For taken me in as part of the familyand never looking back. It’s like I have two families and I love them both somuch!

My best friends Megan & Katrina: For being my support system. I have to call them outbecause of how much they mean to me. We have stuck together through so manylife moments and I feel closer to them everyday. I thank the lord everyday forthem and I look forward to all our future memories.

All our Amazing Friends: For always being there for John andme. For a laugh, a drink or a even a cry, we have such a great group offriends. Some I have known for a long time (high school/college) and other onlya small time but they the best!

My Pastor & Church: For making me enjoy church & theword of God. Pastor Sippy, you are a master at what you do and I thank you formarrying John and I, Baptizing our son and giving us amazing sermons onSundays.

Faith & Bowie (fur people): For your loyalty and love.You have completed our family and we can’t imagine life without you both!

For Sawyer’s School Teachers & Babysitter Hillary: Forloving my son and teaching him new things everyday. It is hard to trust someoneto watch your child but I have no doubt they care about his best interest andshow him love when we can’t be there.

My Boss & Work Family: For giving me a place to workthat I look forward to going to everyday. I have the best boss and co-workers agirl could ask for. Even being gone for 3 months after having Sawyer, they tookcare of my work for me and it was like I was never gone (to me anyway).

My Friend’s Parents: For also taking me in as family. I cansee why I have such awesome friends because they have awesome parents whoraised them to be great people.

Me: I know it is odd to mention myself but I am thankful forthe woman I have become thanks to the people mentioned above. I feel likefinally in my 30s (can’t believe I just said that) I am in a place of peace andconfidence in who I am and what I have done. I love the life I have built andwouldn’t change a thing.  

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh sweetie! You made your mama cry! (Tears of happiness of course :o) I love you so much and am so proud of you! I am thankful today for YOU - the little girl you were and the woman you have become and all the stages in between. You've definitely made my life richer and I consider you one of the greatest blessings in my life. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU, FRIEND!!! I thank God for you as well!!!! You have such a good heart and I value you more than you know!

    ReplyDelete