Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A bittersweet end to 2012

2012 has by far been one of the most eventful and memorable years (good and bad). The best thing that came out of 2012 was of course our son, Sawyer. Our lives have changed in so many ways but definitely for the better.
It also was a year of bittersweet moments with family & friends that I will never forget. It strengthened friendships and taught me to appreciate every moment we have together. While so many amazing things happened, I am happy to start a New Year.
In 2013, John and I will get to help Sawyer celebrate his 1st birthday ( in 6 weeks!!!) as well as celebrate 2 years of marriage together (in 2 weeks!!). Instead of make a resolution, I just want to make a promise to myself to always help others, be the best mother & wife I can be and to never sweat the small stuff. I plan to worry less and love & pray more and tell all those important people in my life how much they mean to me. Here's to 2013 and all that it holds!
We celebrated 2013 with our best friends (and godparents to Sawyer) Megan & Tim Johnson while my parents watched Sawyer. They said he danced the night away with grandpa!! We went to Galloway Station, where we danced and celebrated. They had a really fun 70s,80s, 90s cover band. Couldn't have asked for a better night! New Year's Day we woke up and had breakfast with my parent's and sawyer and then spent the evening playing board games with the family. We even got to stop by Panera to see Sawyer's favorite sitter Hillary. It was a great day!!
Family photo before we head out for the night
The guys decided it would be fun to start the evening with a "Fiscal Cliff" conversation. Lame!
Now that's more like it!
Those darn boys thought it was funny to ice us. Boo!
besties!
Made shiny collars from the party decorations
We ran into Brooke there too, 3rd New Year in a row together

Even the ranch was festive
sweeties


Also ran into Jen & Bob
celebrating!
Tim the daredevil
Loved seeing his face!
Breakfast at George's to start the New Year 
End the evening with a date to see Hillary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment