Tuesday, February 12, 2013

SUC training: Week 4

Training seems to be flying by, which is good but scaring because the race gets closer. This week was definitely more challenging for me because my knees have decided that they aren't so much on board. I have always had "plica" issues (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2684145/) like I have mentioned before and I knew it was only a matter of time before it started flaring up again. I have continued to run and train and when it gets to be unbearable I plan to call my doctor to see what is going on. I am use to running with some pain so I hope I can preserve (I know probably not the best plan).

Week 3 recap: I ran 3 days with interval training except the last day was a straight 35 minute run. My cross training was Body Combat (martial arts & kick boxing) and Hot Yoga at Sumit.

Week 4 Plan: Run 3 days and cross train 2 days. No more interval training and just 2.5 mile runs all week. I am doing Body Pump thursday with Trina. I haven't done body pump since this summer and have missed it so much. It is an hour long weight lifting, strength building class. Still up in the air on my 2nd cross training day, probably something on saturday but I haven't decided yet.

SUC's facebook page posted another challenge on their website and it looks AWESOME!! Can't wait for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment