This year’s super bowl (Ravens vs. 49ers) was completely different for John and me. The Johnson’s invited us and some friends over for the game last Sunday and I maybe got to watch 1 commercial and like 5 minutes of the game. Why you ask? Having a toddler to chase around inhibits your ability to sit still for longer than 1 minute. I actually got to watch the majority of Beyonce/Destiny’s Child’s half time show since there were balloons to keep him busy and he loved dancing to it. We got a couple videos of Kingston breaking it down too, hilarious.
Watch me take off after him when he goes for the electrical outlet, holy moly!
|Kingston is here, YAY!!!!|
|Each boy gets his own balloon|
|Ashton, Sawyer and Kingston|
|Handstands with Auntie Trina|
John made a really yummy Turkey Chili Mac for the occasion. Here is the recipe; unless you want to eat it for the next 3 weeks I do not recommend doubling the recipe like we did. It’s delicious but anything gets old after that long!
Turkey Chili Mac
1 lb ground turkey
1 small onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, pressed
1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (14 -15 ounce) can tomato sauce
4 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
3 -4 cups cooked macaroni
2 cups cheddar cheese
1. Brown turkey. When it is about half done press garlic into pan and add onion.
2. Cook till ground turkey is done onions should be clear drain extra liquid.
3. While cooking ground turkey cook macaroni according to box. Drain macaroni.
4. Add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce, Stir.
5. Add chili powder and cumin, Stir.
6. Add macaroni, Stir.
7. Add half of the cheese and stir
7. Serve and top with the remaining cheddar cheese.