Tuesday, March 5, 2013

SUC Training: Week 7


I truly believe motherhood has made me more dedicated and given me a better ability to juggle dozens of things at once. I have always been good at multitasking but being a mother takes it to a whole new level. This is particularly helpful while training for the Springfield Urban Adventure Race. Unlike the days before Sawyer, getting my training in isn't just going for a run.  I have to plan in advance who's watching Sawyer. I think is a huge benefit because it is much harder to back out when you involve other people (i.e. babysitter, grandma, father). That being said, my motto for this week taken from my the previously mentioned "Gandi’s 10 fundamentals for changing the world" , is to Persist.
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” With only about 4 weeks left, I feel stronger and less afraid of completely this race!

Week 7 Plan:
Last night I ran 5 miles and I plan to do that 3 times this week. I am doing Body Pump tonight and plan to work in either Yoga or another weight training before the week is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment