Thursday, January 2, 2014

Springfield Cares - Eve of the Eve

I was very honored to be nominated for the 1st Annual Springfield Cares Magazine Rising Star award for my work with Lost + Found Grief Center. They chose 20 individuals to be recognized in 5 categories for their great contribution to our community. Winners were named at the Eve of the Eve Masquerade event this past Mon Dec. 30 held at University Plaza Convention Center. They had some amazing performers including a 13 year old fiddle player who has performed for Duck Dynasty. My parents and John joined me at the event and even though I didn't win my category, I feel very blessed to even be considered.  Lost + Found did take home two other awards for Best Editorial for their piece on "Grieving During the Holidays" and Volunteer of the Year went to Charrie Dixon. Yay!!!
All dressed up!

Thanks to my parents for the support!!
Karen Scott accepting Lost + Found's Award
Photo Booth Fun!



My silly parents

No comments:

Post a Comment