Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Kitchen Experinents: Zucchini Chips


I sort of made this recipe up after realizing I had a food day at work, I have made squash chips like this before but thought I would try it with zucchini instead. Nothing like Impromtu healthy creations.

Ingredients:
1 zucchini
1 cup parmesan
1 ziplock freezer bag
1 egg (I used 1/4 cup egg beater egg whites)
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon parsley

Step 1:  Preheat Over to 425. Slice up the zucchini in too thin pieces (I like them thin so they turn out crispy)
Step 2: In a bowl pour egg/egg beaters
Step 3: coat your zucchini slices with egg
Step 4: fill ziplock freezer bag with garlic salt, parley and parmesan
Step 5: Throw in egg-coated zucchini and shake up
Step 6: put chips on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. I waited until they turned light brown and all of the cheese was melted
Step 7: Take out of the oven and add more parmesan on top if you desire (I sure did)

No comments:

Post a Comment