Some times I get creative and whip up new recipes with items we already have at home.
Monday night we had a lot to do for the holiday so we decided to eat at home and Parmesan Chicken Sandwiches on Pretzel rolls were born. The Pretzel Rolls really make the sandwich, we are obsessed with Trader Joe's Pretzel Rolls. It is worth the drive to St. Louis!
Ingredients (for 2 sandwiches)
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 cup Bread Crumbs
Pretzel Rolls (we prefer Trader Joe's)
Cheese (we used Smoked White Cheddar and Chipotle Cheddar)
1. Preheat Oven to 425 degrees
2. Put egg in a dish and Parmesan and bread crumbs in a separate dish
3. Coat chicken in egg and dip in Parmesan/bread crumb mixture, set on non stick cooking pan
4. Bake Chicken in oven for 20-25 minutes.
5. If desired add some butter to pretzel rolls and broil for a few minutes. Remove from oven and top with cheese to melt.
6. Add chicken to pretzel rolls and Enjoy!