Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Kitchen Experiments: Cake Mix Cookies

WARNING THESE ARE NOT HEALTHY: STOP READING IF YOU ARE ON A DIET (YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO RESIST)

 So I admit it…I do make some non-healthy recipes every once in a while. And this recipe is the antithesis of diet friendly. My mom baked these cookies last week to bring to the hospital for John’s step-dad’s chemo treatments. We took one bite and I swear it was like a scene out of a movie where everything slows down and the song “Dreamweaver” starts playing…but seriously, John and I were shocked at how delicious they were and knew we had to make some ASAP!

I decided to bring them to our friend’s Super Bowl party hoping we would have extras to bring home. They are really good warmed up for a few seconds with ice-cream (and yes I am pregnant if you couldn't tell). Thanks mom for another amazing recipe.

This recipe allows for personalization depending on your taste. My mom used chocolate cake mix and chocolate chips I decided to go with chocolate chips, dark chocolate cake mix and mini Reese’s cups.

Cake Mix Cookies
Makes 3-4 dozen cookies

INGREDIENTS
1 box cake mix, any flavor (I used Dark Chocolate Fudge)
8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick butter, room temperature
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup total of any add-ins you like (candy, chocolate chips, nuts or a mixture of any of them) I added one 12 oz bag of semi sweet chips and 1 bag of the Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups

STEPS 
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Cream together the stick of butter and the cream cheese. 
whole stick of butter = amazing-nessss!
 3. Add egg and vanilla and mix until well blended. 

4. Stir in the cake mix a little at a time until it's all blended and then add any add-ins you like.

Is your mouth watering yet?
5. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets



6. Bake for 10 minutes, until edges are brown (watch carefully because every oven is different. Mine took about 12 minutes).

7. Set on a Cooling Rack to cool



j+k

No comments:

Post a Comment