Thursday, September 13, 2012

In Memory: Jim Appelquist

Last night I got the dreaded message from my best friend Trina that her father lost his fight with Alzheimer's. Her father, Jim, was diagnosed 4 years ago at the young age of 56 and the disease quickly progressed. Trina, her mother Darlene and two sisters, have cared for him tirelessly! They have been amazing advocates for finding a cure for this devastating disease. Words cannot express the sadness I feel for them.
I struggled with whether to blog about this but while looking through some old photos, I found a couple I really wanted to share to honor the wonderful, smart, funny and talented, Jim Appelquist.

Darlene - your unconditional love for Jim is an inspiration, you stood by him through sickness and health and I am in awe of your strength and compassion.

Trina - your father would be so proud of you! You've developed the Appelquist foundation in his honor and for other Alzheimer's patients to help their families. If nothing else, know that you are making a difference every day because of him.

If you want to help, the 2nd Annual Appelquist Foundation Golf Tournament is Sept. 29, 2012 at Deerlake Golf Course. We would love for you to sign up to play or even if you would just like to donate. You can sign up online at appelquistfoundation.com


God bless & lots of love!!


My favorite photo of Jim & Darlene dancing at our Wedding Jan. 22,  2011

My dad found this photo of their coed softball league for Redeemer in 2008 (Jim is in the middle back row)
Here is an beautiful song Trina's sister Stephanie wrote for her father.




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Kari. Brought tears to my eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I am so blessed to have you in my life!

    ReplyDelete