I'm a little bit obsessed (okay maybe a lot) with Chicken Chili recipes and when I see variations I have to try them (see Previous Chili recipe here: http://johnkarihamra.blogspot.com/2011/09/kitchen-experiments-white-bean-chicken.html)
I actually made this a few weeks back for the Dexter Season Finale with the Johnson's but forgot to post it. It is very savory & cheesy plus there is ranch involved, what's not to love? My mom tried it with turkey last week and it was also delicious.
Cheesy Ranch White Chicken
· 2 TBSP butter
· 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into bite sized pieces, salt and peppered
· 1 medium Yellow Onion, diced
· 2 cloves Garlic, finely minced
· 2 cups Chicken Broth
· 3 cans (15 ounces) Cannellini Beans drained and rinsed. They can also be called white Kidney Beans
· 2 cans (4 ounces) diced Green Chilies
· 1 tsp Salt
· 1 1/2 tsp Cumin
· 1 tsp dried Oregano
· 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
· 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
· 1 packet (1 ounce) dry Ranch Dressing Mix
· 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, plus more for garnish if desired
· 1 cup Sour Cream
· 1/2 cup Whipping Cream
· 1 TBSP chopped fresh Cilantro
- In a skillet over medium high heat, melt butter in olive oil and brown pieces of chicken in 2 batches.
- Once all chicken is cooked, set aside and lower heat to medium - medium low.
- Sauté onions until soft and translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and allow to cook slightly. Make sure to check often, burnt garlic is pretty gross!
- Transfer onions and garlic to a pot and add chicken.
- Add in the chicken broth, beans, green chilies, Ranch packet, and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn heat off and add in the shredded cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, and cilantro and stir to combine.
- I served with oyster crackers and more cheese, yum!