Monday, April 8, 2013

We embraced the SUC


I am embraced the SUC, the first annual Springfield Urban Warrior Challenge. It was definitely the most intense and fun race I have ever been a part of. After 11 weeks of training, I was definitely prepared but it was still super tough. It was a 12.4 K (7.7 miles) with 15 obstacles throughout Missouri State Campus, Fasnight Park, Jordan Valley, Downtown Springfield and Phelps Grove. I joined a team of a few coworkers (Dave, Hugo and Lauren) and our new friend from the SUC training class Julie. Besides a little soreness in my legs I feel pretty great today, I have a lot of bruises on my arms and wrists but overall I survived pretty unharmed! I feel very blessed that my family came out to support me and I could see them cheering me on at most of the obstacles. I honestly couldn't have done this with out their help over these past few weeks with training. Thanks guys! I hope to do it again next year and hopefully on a team with my husband who hope to compete as well!
My Favorite Obstacle: the 1 mile pitch dark run through the underground tunnel. We used headlamps but it was very dark and wet.

My Least Favorite/Most challenging Obstacle: it was a tie between the 40 pound sandbag carry up & down the parking garage and the monkey bars.

The Individual Results:
Finishing Time: 1 hour 59 minutes 57 second 
Overall Place: 110th out of 338 total competitors (87 women, 251 men)
Female Place: 12th out of 87
Female Age Place (30-29): 8th out of 39

all results here: https://www.ozarkraces.com/results/default.aspx?event=20372&r=4967

Here are a ton of pics our wonderful supporters took while cheering us on.

Let's do this!
after our first obstacle in the parking garage























Dave crossing the finish line
Julie crossing the finish line

At the finish line
Hugo crossing the finish line
Lauren, me and Julie
 
Sawyer & Evan playing at the finish line

 
Instead of medals they gave personalized dog tags, awesome!
my dirty number after the race
messy mom

1 comment: