Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy 1 Week Birthday to our Sawyer

Our little man is 1 Week Old today, I can not believe it! It feels like the fastest and longest week ever.  Now that we have him healthy we are getting into a routine and I am slowly healing and feeling better every day too. Today was so great, my mom took the day to help me since it was John's first day back at work. She brought me some Starbucks (with caffeine) and even watched Sawyer as I showed, oh the things I took for granted! We had so much fun, Sawyer was so alert and loved showing off with his gma. Aunt Amie got to come over for lunch with us too. The best part was my mom brought over all the ingredients for my favorite meal to make for John for dinner when he got off, chicken & noodles, carrots and zucchini :)
Here are more Sawyer Pics with the chicken & noodle recipe to follow...
So alert and happy to have a Gma day
Aunt Amie came to play
Best buds
My mom brought over some more pics from the hospital today too

Grandma & Grandpa Nelms
We're so in love!
Aunt Rachel
Our new family

Chicken & Noodles
Ingredients: 
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast - cut into chunks
1 egg, beaten
1 cup (or more) bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
16 oz. linguini
1 stick butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp butter softened

Steps:
1. Dip chicken in egg and then the breadcrumbs, coating it.
2. Heat oil in large skillet
3. Saute chicken until golden brown and cooked through
4. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon, set aside
5. Discard oil in skillet & wipe out
6. Cook pasta
7. While it cooks, melt a stick of butter in cleaned out skillet. 
8. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute
9. Add chicken, lemon juice, salt & pepper
10. Toss to coat chicken with sauce but don't allow chicken cook further
11. Drain Pasta
12. Toss pasta with the 2 tablespoon butter
13. Spoon chicken & sauce over pasta and serve.

j+k

1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun with you two today! He's such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete