Our family loves anything that involves cheese and bread so when I found this yummy recipe while scouring the web for dinner ideas, I knew it would be a hit. It is like little pockets of cheesy/chicken goodness. It is super easy to put together, I made them in about 10 minutes.
I did change it up a bit on a couple things. I added our new favorite cheese (Velveeta Shreds Queso Blanco, yum!) and spinach. I have been trying to incorporate hidden veggies in our meals for Mr. Sawyer, he didn't even notice the spinach. I also did 2 cans of crescent rolls instead of one (luckily I had an extra) because the filling made way more than enough for just one package. We had ours with some Skinny Girl Sangria and it was a delicious meal, Sawyer had milk of course.
Thanks OhBiteIt.com for the idea!
Original recipe here: http://www.ohbiteit.com/2013/01/crescent-enchiladas.html
2 Container (8ct.) Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
3/4 Cup Milk
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Fiesta Blend)
1 Cup Velveeta Shreds Queso Blanco
1 Can of Chicken Breast
1 Can of Cream Of Chicken Soup
1 Can of Chopped & drained Green Chiles.
1/2 Can Chopped & drained Spinach
- In a medium bowl combine the chicken and 1 cup of the Cheese ( I mixed the two kinds). Break up the chicken and incorporate the cheese with a fork. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl mix together the Soup, Milk, Green Chile and Spinach. Set aside.
- Lay out the 2 containers of Crescents and add about a tbsp. of the Chicken mixture to the wide end and roll it up.
- Spread a small scoop of the Gravy mixture into the bottom of the casserole dish and place the filled and rolled Crescents in.
- Pour the remaining gravy over the top of the Crescents, making sure to cover them completely.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining Cheese.
- Bake it uncovered at 350 for approx. 25 minutes.